Kuwait: A Desert Dream
• Shopping: The Avenues Mall. Everything from Alexander McQueen to Zara Home, this mall is endless, and you will be blown away by its massive mirrored dome in the centre.
• Beaches: Little known fact, Kuwait is the beach capital of the Persian Gulf. Al Khiran Beach is the place to be seen with its clear blue water and fine golden sand.
• To Eat: Hands down the go-to-spot is a new Turkish restaurant called “Stabil”. It delivers with its delicious Mediterranean cuisine followed by devastatingly delightful chocolate offered when you ask for the bill!
• To Drink: Although Kuwait is a dry country, one can still treat themselves to virgin Bellini at the Four Seasons Hotel. While there, I suggest taking a gander at their spiral staircase.
• Walks: Al-Shaheed Park is the largest urban park in Kuwait. It is littered with contemporary sculptures by renowned Kuwaiti artists such as Al Diwan Al Amiri an Bader M. Al Mansour.
• Culture: Get ready to be wowed by the dramatic, modern architecture of Kuwait Opera House. The calligraphy designed into the cladding is nothing like you have seen before, and their season calendar is a lineup of who’s who in the operatic classical music world.
• Home away from home: ‘Chestnut Bakery’ who has a sister location in London has our favourite sandwiches in Kuwait. Wrapped and labelled like they were made by your grandmother, they will keep you fuelled on your endless adventures in this vibrant and exciting destination.
03/10/2022s, By nataliamiyar